Hi, I’m Jennifer. I am a wife, mom, nutrition professional and health coach. I live with chronic pain. I have had daily headaches since the early ‘90s (or before). I also strained or sprained my shoulder in 2006, and I still experience pain from that sometimes.
I received my Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Food Science from Middle Tennessee State University in 1998, and a Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from Saint Louis University in 2005. I decided to study nutrition in college because I love both food and science, and when I found a degree program that combined both, I was sold!
My professional career so far has been spent working in hospitals using nutrition to treat and heal illnesses, and in colleges teaching nutrition to college students. I also started and managed a childhood obesity treatment program in Northern Arizona in 2009.
I want to be your nutritionist and health coach to help you improve your health and quality of life while understanding the impact of chronic pain. I have had personal trainers and doctors use the typical guilt, shame, and scare tactics with me, and I know that they don’t work. I will support and encourage you to make the changes you want to make – not the ones someone else wants you to make.
- I have a really hard time eating vegetables because of their strong bitter taste.
- I have lived in 7 States: Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Iowa, Tennessee, Texas, and Arizona.
- I attended 12 schools including colleges.
- No, my parents were not in the military.
Education and Training:
- BS in Nutrition and Food Science, Middle Tennessee State University: 1998
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Commission on Dietetic Registration: 2000
- MS in Nutrition and Dietetics, Saint Louis University: 2005
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management: 2015
- Certified LEAP Therapist: 2017
- Certificate of Training in Integrative and Functional Nutrition: in progress